Trying to shed a few pounds? Not seeing results? It’s time to focus on what’s in your fridge. Fitness isn’t just about how much you exercise, it’s about what you eat too.
Curbing your calories could lead to a more well-balanced diet. We’ve put together a selection of low-calorie recipes that you can rustle up in 15 minutes. Each one has a healthy mix of proteins, fats and carbs to fuel your daily activities. Best of all, we have the perfect pans to cook them all in: the FlavorStone Diamond range.
The Pan That Can is much larger than most frying pans (25% to be precise!), so it can cook all kinds of foods at the same time. It has a diamond infused surface, which means it’s stronger too. Use it on your gas, induction, electric or ceramic hobs – even place it in your oven if you need to. And because it’s a non-stick pan, you don’t need to use unhealthy oils or fats.
Try these low-calorie recipes in your FlavorStone Diamond Pan
15 minute puy lentils with smoked tofu
This flavoursome lentils and tofu dish could be your new veggie staple. Lunch or dinner, it’ll give you a slower, more sustained release of energy.
- 1-cal oil spray
- 1 large courgette , finely diced
- 100g smoked tofu , finely diced
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 250g sachet cooked puy lentils
- 1 red onion , finely chopped
- 1 medium roasted red pepper from a jar (not in oil), about 85g, sliced
- good handful pea shoots or rocket
15 minute prawn and mango noodles
Curb your calorie intake with this asian-inspired recipe. Pairing prawns and mango together gives you lots of fun flavours and textures to enjoy.
- 225g pack instant rice noodles
- 1 carrot , peeled and chopped into matchsticks
- juice 2 limes
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 1 red chilli (deseeded if you don’t like it too hot), sliced
- small pack coriander , chopped
- small pack mint , leaves picked and chopped
- 200g pack mango chunks
- 220g pack cooked prawns
- 90g pack salted peanuts , crushed
15 minute healthy beef and broccoli
This beef and broccoli concoction ticks all the boxes. It’s healthy, family-friendly and easy to make in the FlavorStone Pan.
- 1 1/2 lbs flank steak, very thinly sliced across the grain
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 4 cups broccoli florets, about 2 small crowns
- 2 tbsp arrowroot starch
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
15 minute Asian ground turkey stir fry
Stir-frying is a fast and healthy way to cook. It helps vegetables to retain their nutrients and doesn’t require any oils in the FlavorStone Pan!
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tbsp. ginger, minced
- 1 lb. 99% lean ground turkey
- 16 oz. Asian vegetable mix (mine had cabbage, carrots, broccoli slaw, Brussels sprouts, and kale)
- 4 tbsp. low sodium soy sauce (GF if needed or coconut aminos for Whole30)
- 2 tbsp. rice vinegar